I also make celebration cakes and cupcakes and always ask customers if they have any allergies before the product is baked.
To make life easier I am now supplying labels designed by the fabulously talented Big Mabel (not her real name, see her blog to understand why).
From the Food Standards Agency Website please read the following:
Allergen information must be provided for non-pre packed food in written or oral formats with clear signposting where consumers can obtain this information, when it is not provided upfront.
Here are the main allergens people need to be aware of when baking their goods:
1. Cereal containing gluten (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
2. Crustaceans, for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
7. Milk (including lactose)
8. Nuts (namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, macademia nuts, pecan, brazil, pistachios.
9. Celery (including celeriac)
12. Lupin (which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
13. Sulphar Dioxide/Sulphates (where added and at a level above 10mg/kg or 10mg/L in the finished product (this can be used as a preservative in dried fruit)
14. Molluscs like, whelks, mussels, oysters, snails and squid.
To order your personalised labels simply go to www.incrediblecaketoppers.co.uk click on Big Mabel and Allergen Labels then order. Once your order has been placed send us your logo via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest!
Comments will be approved before showing up.